Saturday, September 26, 2009

a day at the fair grounds


Having lived in the Seattle area for 5 years now
I've definitely been witness to a flood of rave reviews and hype
concerning the annual Puyallup Fair.
"DO THE PUYALLUP FAIR"

The philosopher, however, has never been one
to rally around the idea of us attending the fair.
Since he grew up in Puyallup, he's "done it" quite a bit.
It's just not his thing.

After five years of piqued interest though
I just couldn't refuse Christy's invitation to come along
and see the grand event with my own two eyes.
{and because the philosopher loves me so, he came along too}

The dahlias were very pretty - -
some had bushy heads the size of basketballs!!

And the rides were fun even if I only took one short adventure
along the rickety tracks of the roller coaster with Joe.
{I love, love, love roller coasters and amusement park rides!}

But the most bizarre thing to witness
were the many odd and unusual displays
of random collections, scrapbook pages, art, and preserved food.


I suppose I am a bit jaded...
but why exactly did this entry earn a special mention?


There were lots of impressive quilts to see
and various art exhibits.
I would have taken more photos
but was reprimanded by a volunteer.
So I'll just got a few sneaky photos from my phone
to remember the day by.

"Golden Dreams in Those Mountains"
by Aletha Deuel


by Mary Schessow-Schumaller

All in all, I'm glad we went.
The roller coaster ride was fun and
some of the crafts & art were really impressive.
But, I'll be okay not going again.

{all photos by me, on my little phone except for Robin Rice's beautiful print}

No comments: