Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

{photo via tumblr}

Wow. Here we are almost a full week in to 2010.

Hard. to. believe.*
* how much things are going to change
* how much I've got to do
* how much worrying I've done
* how excited I am
Hard. to. believe.

It is also hard to believe the *BANG*
with which this new year, and this last quarter at UW, has begun.
On my way to French 202 on the first day of the quarter (Monday)
an oblivious stranger
did me the favor of jamming a heavy wooden door into my big right toe.
OUCH. Turns out, I have wimpy toes
(or else said stranger was the Hulk in disguise)
because the entirety of my toe nail + some turned DARK blueberry
and the tip, sides, and bottom of the end bruised black.

{my toe a few hours in. sadly, it got much worse.
See that normal looking skin at the tip?
it turned black by sundown Monday night.}


It hurt. BAD. And I cried.
24 hours later I broke down and went to Hall Health.
Upon arrive I received a few 5x7 glossies of my bones
and then had a hole drilled...err burned... through my toe nail.

But you know what?
I've got a feeling
2010 is going to be a good year!
*

And, to start the year off right I've decided to de-clutter my desktop
(because de-cluttering my real desk is going to take more than an hour)
and make it pretty once again
(because I'm happier when my surroundings are colorful!).

{my computer. click it to enlarge!}

My philosopher thinks it is "silly"
but I LLLLOOOOOVEEEE customizing my computer.
What I didn't know until today
was how to customize all the various icons.
I'm so excited. Now, every time I open up an application
I can't help but smile.
{Those of you with macs should try it!!}

No comments: