Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a poem for my lover.

I was going to share a poem I wrote to Luke the summer after we started dating until I realized it is chock-full of 'inside' stories and jokes... so instead I've decided to dedicate a cheezy little poem about love by John Cooper Clark to my lover on day 2 of our 3 year anniversary:

I Wanna Be Yours
by John Cooper Clark

let me be your vacuum cleaner
breathing in your dust
let me be your ford cortina
i will never rust
if you like your coffee hot
let me be your coffee pot
you call the shots
i wanna be yours

let me be your raincoat
for those frequent rainy days
let me be your dreamboat
when you wanna sail away
let me be your teddy bear
take me with you anywhere
i dont care
i wanna be yours

let me be your electric meter
i will not run out
let me be the electric heater
you get cold without
let me be your setting lotion
hold your hair with deep devotion
deep as the deep atlantic ocean
thats how deep is my emotion
deep deep deep deep deep deep
i wanna be yours

No comments: