Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Portland

I recently had the opportunity to visit Portland with my philosopher! Although we were in town for a conference and our ability to explore slightly curtailed, we had an absolute blast.

Our favorite places: the Hotel Deluxe - a gorgeous Hollywood themed hotel with wonderful hospitality and the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in! And yes, I slept in more than one. We had to switch rooms after the first night (long story) but the hotel staff could not have been more helpful. And, to put the icing on the cupcake, they loaned the philosopher and I a dvd player to use with their fancy flat screen t.v.s!



Speaking of cupcakes, my second favorite place is Saint Cupcake, a cute little bakery near our hotel. They were not as tasty as the trophies I enjoy here (a delight you'll no doubt hear more about in the future) but they were good. We ate cupcakes in bed and watched WALLE the night we got in. It was bliss.




Lastly, even though we're not exactly baseball people, we enjoyed our time near Portland's P.G.E Park. There was a Starbucks across the street (the barista had the coolest Jamaican accent!), beautiful tree lined neighborhoods to the North West, and interesting metal masks marking each corner.




No comments: