Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tumblr Lovin'

I am pretty hooked on Tumblr. No joke. But I've got to say, it can be quite annoying sometimes because I've found that some tumblr-ers just reblog everything they come across. Now, I'm all for reblogging. I mean, nothing is really unique or new or one of a kind on the internet. It has all been posted, raved about, ranted about, and seen before. We are all borrowing from other borrowers... one big simulacrum. However, there are times when I feel like it crosses some sort of invisible (and albeit highly relative) line. There is one tumblr-er that goes by the name of sweethomestyle that inspires oxymoronic feelings of irritation and awe on a daily basis. On the one hand, I've come across some beautiful, funky, unusual, and plain cool photos from their feed. On the other hand, I can count on ONE HAND the number of "original" posts. What do I mean by "original"? Well... posts that are not reblogged from one of oh, maybe 3, different tumblr-ers. They love to reblog from architectureblog and maluna especially. (I say "they" because I'm pretty sure there is more than just one pirate keeping sweethomestyle afloat.) To be fair, there is some cross pollination going on between the three. But, on the whole I've seen the sweet spot borrow quite a few more than the others. I don't know. Should it bother me? I guess it doesn't really matter. But somehow it just seems... well... like deceitful pirating, if such a thing is possible.

No comments: