Wednesday, August 26, 2009

food envy, raw goodness

{from the dieline}

Janell is such an inspiring person in many, many ways. One of the things we talked a lot about over breakfast and strolling through Pikes Place was food. She and her hubby are avid chefs. They make their own pasta every now and then. They're on the move to start making their own yogurt. They're itching to make their own almond butters, peanut butters, etc... They're awesome. Anyhow, Janell has done a lot of research on the importance of eating raw foods. After talking about it a bit, I must say I am convinced. Of course, I don't think I could really go all out on an exclusively raw diet. But I am aching to start increasing the proportion of raw food I eat. For a brief account of raw diets {click here}. As the philosopher and I ate our economical $2.00 per person spaghetti dinner earlier with sauce from a can and garlic bread scavaged from a dumpster (not really as gross as it sounds, long story), I realized how envious I am of people who actually put in the effort to make their own food. L and I are not those kinds of people. We like to go with things that are easy, vegetarian, and locally grown, if possible. I keep telling myself that we'll do more cooking, etc... when we have an actual kitchen. I wonder if that is true.

No comments: