Friday, June 5, 2009

This is Allegra.


See that cute bundle of fur on the left, laying next to Mac?
The one that doesn't look like a chicken.

Her name is Allegra. She is neurotic.

She has taught the philosopher and I what it must be like to be a parent.
When your kid is swinging from the chandelier,
throwing spaghetti against the wall,
keying your car, or perhaps something worse...

When you are just about ready to stuff 'em into a crate,
drive far into the country, and just let them loose
they do something sooo cute
you forget why you were ever upset!

for the record: I would never really stuff my kid into a crate... I don't think! ;)
{Please don't report me to CPS }


What is it, you ask, that this adorably innocent-looking cat
is doing to drive us mad?
Screeching, screaming, clawing the couch, racing in circles...
Over and over and over again.


And did I mention she's clawed a hole
into every large plush piece of furniture we own
and built herself a little cave?
Our box spring, our sofa, our white leather chair...
Even duct tape can't keep her out!

{At least the holes are on the bottom so no one really knows!!}


The last thing I heard the philosopher say before I started this post
(or rather, the last threat I heard him make)
was that Allegra was about to loose her voice box -
and
not of her own volition.

But then, I know he'd never do it. Because she's just so darn cute when she sleeps!

By the way, if you would like to learn more about kitty neurosis,
living with a neurotic cat, or just want to read something

HI-LAR-I-OUS, check out this book by Stephen Baker.
{His book on neurotic dogs is pretty funny too!}

No comments: